When you have spotted water damage in your home, even if this water damage is slight, you will want to make sure that you act in the right way, even if you do not think that the water damage you have seen is that significant. This is because when you have water damage on your hands, even slight water damaged, it can lead to problems with mold. This is especially true if you live in warmer areas of the world. For example, if you live somewhere like California and you have a damp environment mixed with warm temperatures you are creating the ideal breeding ground for mold to form and spread. This is why at the first sign of water damage you need to treat it like a mold issue and call a professional mold remediation company.